Re: Game suddenly extremely laggy

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Hello! So I did as you said and played for 20 minutes. It was a bit laggy but nowhere as bad as it was yesterday.

I checked Reliability Monitor and there were no new entries for today, but there were two entries from yesterday at about 6pm MST. I have attached a text file; I'm not sure whether the information is relevant since I did the scan, but I decided to attach it anyway since I saw it was a registry error.

Message 11 of 14 (252 Views)

@thepeachyfaerie  Thanks for the info.  Registry errors like this one can sometimes be cleaned up by DISM and sfc, but not always.  If you see another error that mentions the registry, please let me know.  But the next troubleshooting steps are somewhat more invasive than running a couple of scans, and you probably don't want to go that route unless you know the error is still happening.

For the Origin error, it's just Origin being annoying.  You can disable Origin in-game, which often helps: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.  It may also help to put Origin in offline mode before you launch Sims 4, even if you don't take your computer offline entirely.  If you see another Origin error, clear its cache, uninstall it "the hard way," and reinstall; be sure to disable Origin in-game again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If the lag is still present, please let me know, and look for any new Reliability Monitor entries.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 14 (236 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much for your help! I will continue to monitor my game and see if it plays alright. If I see any errors, I will let you know!
Message 13 of 14 (219 Views)

@thepeachyfaerie  Have you had any more trouble with Sims 4?  If you still need help, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 14 (155 Views)