Re: Game stuck in pause

by Renting_Orphans

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game stuck in pause

★ Novice

Hi all, the last few times I’ve played the sims from time to time the game would get stuck in pause for a few minutes. Basically meaning that I would pause the game, go to unpause it and no matter what speed I put the game in, it would remain completely paused. Once I loaded my game up today and went to play I realized it immediately got stuck in pause before I could even start playing, so I waited to see if it would fix itself like normal and it didn’t. I tried repairing the game after this and once I tried getting on again I ran into the same problem. I don’t use any cc or mods and my computer is more any capable of handling the game. So why is this happening? How can I fix it?

Message 1 of 3 (9,918 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Renting_Orphans  Please try a new save in a clean user data folder, for comparison.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just start a new save and see whether the same pausing issue happens.  Let me know either way.

If the pausing is gone, you can copy your existing save from the old Sims 4 folder to the new one and test.  Saves are located in the saves folder.

If you still see pauses with the new save, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (9,896 Views)

All Replies

@Renting_Orphans  Please try a new save in a clean user data folder, for comparison.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just start a new save and see whether the same pausing issue happens.  Let me know either way.

If the pausing is gone, you can copy your existing save from the old Sims 4 folder to the new one and test.  Saves are located in the saves folder.

If you still see pauses with the new save, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (9,897 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! My game hasn’t run this properly in weeks!

Message 3 of 3 (9,854 Views)