Game stops responding when hovering over mirror in buy-mode

by Hare123

Original Post

Game stops responding when hovering over mirror in buy-mode

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vintage Glamour, Perfect Patio, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever I hover my mouse over a specific base game mirror, the game freezes and then stops responding. The mirror in question is a base game, wood framed wall mirror, to the RIGHT of ''Straight up wall mirror'' in the catalogue.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes/stops responding
What do you expect to see? The game not crashing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.53.115.1020

Sorry for the bad photo quality, but there is the mirror that is causing my game to freeze and stop responding. Whenever i hover over the icon in the catalogue, the game just stops responding. All the other mirrors are fine, just that one is broken for me.

Message 1 of 4 (328 Views)

Re: Game stops responding when hovering over mirror in buy-mode

Hero
@Hare123 Just in buy mode oder also for already placed ones in live mode ? I'm not having any issues with this

Could you try deleting your localthumbcache file and repairing the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (312 Views)

Hero
@Hare123 Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (277 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (269 Views)