Re: Game still freezing up after pronouns

by taffster74

Original Post

Game still freezing up after pronouns

★★ Novice

The latest update was supposed to fix the freezing issue after the pronoun update but it didn't. My game  still freezes even without mods. 

Message 1 of 11 (587 Views)

★ Guide

Hmmm, this is odd because for most people the bug did fix the problem. So a few questions just to try and pinpoint the problem when a hero helper drops in - have you updated your graphics drivers? Are you using custom content and/ or mods? Have you tried a vanilla game (no mods, cc)? Have you tried repair game? I know this one takes a while (believe me, i know), but have you tried to uninstall and then re-install the game? If all this fails, please post a DXDiag and your system specs, just so a helper (and EA) can rule out it's not your system and can go from there. cheers.

Message 2 of 11 (576 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried with and without mods. My graphics card is up to date. I haven't tried repairing the game so I can try that. But it'll have to wait til I'm by my computer again. 

Message 3 of 11 (556 Views)

★ Guide
@JAfan4life np. we should be able to get a senior helper on this within the next couple of hours. good luck with it.
Message 4 of 11 (548 Views)

★★ Novice

I hadn't played in a couple of months, last time I played there was no freeze bug. now it's everywhere, can't gather more than 4 sims together and suddenly the clock stops, nobody moves, nothing happens.

I play fully vanilla, so no mods, no cc. this is really annoying.

Message 5 of 11 (537 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@vexums103gv1 

If your game is fully updated please try to repair it in Origin. Rightclick the game in Origin and select repair. 

If that doesn't work Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 11 (504 Views)

Hero
@JAfan4life I moved your post to the tech forum for troubleshooting.

Please add your specs as asked by @jpkarlsen

Do you still have the same type of freezing that starts on the main menu ?

There are a few freezing/lag issues so you might be experiencing something different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (492 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure my specs but I've asked before and was told they worked for running the game plus packs. And it freezes when I'm in the family. It's like any time I try to do an action it completely freezes and does the not responding thing then it flashes white and resumes only to freeze again as soon as I try to do something. 

Message 8 of 11 (386 Views)

★★ Novice

I think these are the specs it's saying the picture is too large. It says 

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-8300 CPU @2.30 GHZ

Installed Ram: 8 GB with 7.89 usable

System type: 64 bit Operating System and x64 based processor

Edition: Windows 10 home

Version: 20 H2

Message 9 of 11 (382 Views)

★★ Novice

I ran the dxdiag but I have no idea how to post it here. it is way over the character limit and there isn't a share option in the program. It only has a save info button which just puts it in the large microsoft word document that exceeds the limit.

Message 10 of 11 (372 Views)