Game skipping and stuttering after Nov patch

by DDWard1972

Original Post

Game skipping and stuttering after Nov patch

★★★★★ Apprentice

So this is a "not me, but..." post so here it goes. My girlfriend hasn't been able to play Sims 4 since the patch in November. Ever since that patch, her game "skips and stutters like a scratched CD" meaning the animations are jerky. She has done everything we can think of and looked up all solutions that we could think of online. She has updated drivers, factory reset Sims 4, turned off CC and any mods, run a repair, cleared Origin cache, updated any Windows updates, updated Direct X, updated her NVIDIA drivers, and still stuttering, skipping game. She has done everything except reinstall the game. We have played other games, like Elder Scrolls Online, and they have no issues and run perfectly. 

Any suggestions on what she could try before just saving her Tray file and Mods folder and just reinstalling the whole game and packs?

Message 1 of 3 (246 Views)

Re: Game skipping and stuttering after Nov patch

Community Manager
@DDWard1972 Wanted to see if you had gotten the update that went out yesterday to see if this was still happening after?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 3 (228 Views)

Re: Game skipping and stuttering after Nov patch

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Illium Yes. As of Dec 18, 2020, she is saving her Tray and Saves files (and her mods folder) and uninstalling/reinstalling to see if that helps.

Message 3 of 3 (206 Views)