Re: Game shuts itself down

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Game shuts itself down

★★★★★ Novice

Hey, I have a problem

I installed Sims 3 on my new computer. It is smoother than my previous one.

But there is a big problem. If I need to do something others than sims and leave it playing , after a while the game shuts itself down.

So I need the to play the whole time. That issue is the same in Sims 4. Does anyone had this to? 

Thank you for your help

Message 1 of 2 (586 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Game shuts itself down

@KifkifJobcim  Does the game alone quit or crash, does Origin close too, or does your computer go into sleep mode as well?  Do you get any error messages or crash logs?  Does it make a difference if you minimize the game before walking away?

If you're not sure about errors, you can check the Reliability Monitor for entries for Sims 3 and Sims 4.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes into the box.  Check the last few days for any errors that mention either game, or any errors with timestamps that match when the games shut down or when you came back to your computer.  You may have to click on each one to see the exact time—when a computer has been shut down or gone to sleep, the timestamp you see initially often corresponds to when the error was written rather than when it happened.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (569 Views)