Game repair has broken game

by Mallowcorn

Original Post

Game repair has broken game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I recently installed the new expansion Snowy Escape and started noticing odd glitches in the new neighborhood (I moved someone in an existing game to uni which was fine then into the new neighborhood which is when these things started happening) such as guests saying they'll come round then never appearing, guests disappearing into thin air, household members getting stuck then jumping to a different location, buy mode not pausing the game and the lifestyle drink not removing lifestyle perks and only removing them from the "drink to remove" bubble. I did a quick online search and it recommended repairing the game in origin which I did.

Since then my game is completely unplayable and the glitches are there but 10x worse. I have a sim who when she uses her phone to "split from household and move" she picks up the phone to do it but the menu never opens and she doesn't move. I moved her in the manage households menu instead and this just results in the Sims getting stuck, time stopping but weather/sunlight still changing. I reverted back to an old save where I don't move her in but 3x speed has stopped working and so sleeping etc takes forever and sometimes time jumps back a couple of hours. 3x speed has always been a problem in the game anyway and rarely works but now doesn't work at all and is closer to 2x speed. If I continue playing with or without the extra sim in my household objects become unclickable and the time stops then the game just crashes. General loading times, saving times are awful as well and the audio jumps in loading screens. Trying to delete all the inventories as well which is glitchy (laptop item became unclickable).

Honestly at this stage wish I just put up with the standard Sims glitches and didn't bother repairing it as it's ruined my game.

I've tried deleting the cache, deleting origin cache, resetting my game file by removing the file from documents to create a new one - I only readded my save and my tray documents. I don't have mods and never have. It's a brand new high speed gaming pc so there's literally nothing on it apart from the Sims and a couple other games. The Sims is the only game that has issues with lag and general brokenness.

I also tried reducing the resolution to 1080 and reducing the gameplay to high instead of ultra.

Honestly now just so fed up of how broken the latest games are as the new expansions aren't cheap and the game has been unplayable twice recently (patched after the audio crash a month or so ago).

Any help would be appreciated! 

Message 1 of 4 (164 Views)

Re: Game repair has broken game

@Mallowcorn  For comparison, please start a new save and see how it runs.  You don't need to try to replicate all the issues, but it would be interesting to see, for example, whether 3x speed works and whether you notice any performance issues.

Please also let me know the sizes of your save files; they're in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (148 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried playing as a brand new character as a new user on the pc so completely away from the original game file and it works 100% fine. 3x speed works perfectly and loading times are seconds not minutes. I transferred my save over to the new user and the glitching and crashing is back Frown I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact my save is corrupt and I may have to start again.

I can't check my save size at the moment but I can check it later on if you think it might help? 

Message 3 of 4 (132 Views)

@Mallowcorn  The reason I asked about the save file size is that if it's significantly bloated, you may have this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/m-p...

There are a few workarounds you can try in that post, or you could wait for EA to fix the issue in a future patch.  (I don't know when that will happen, but I hope it's soon.)

The point is, if this is your issue, it's fixable in one way or another.  You wouldn't need to start from scratch; just revert to a backup save (if you have an unaffected one) or use the recommended mods to fix the current version.  Or, like I said, hope that EA fixes the problem soon.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (129 Views)