Re: Game really slow and lagging all the time after rebrand of sims 4

by chrolka

Original Post

Game really slow and lagging all the time after rebrand of sims 4

★ Novice

Since the newest update on sims 4 my game has been really slow and lagging all the time, I don't currently have any custom content installed so I know that's not the issue, is there any way to speed it up because its taking ages to load anything and keeps buffering and it's getting kinda annoying.

Message 1 of 8 (741 Views)

Hero

HI @25pineapples 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (710 Views)

★ Novice

yeah, this is happening to me right now and i dont know how to fix it.  

Message 3 of 8 (678 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello! I have the exact same problem after rebranding. I'm attaching my diagnostics info.

Message 4 of 8 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@chrolka

1. Your graphics card drivers are 4 years old. You need to install new ones. (It can be the reason for this.)
Look for the new ones for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
2. Check if your Windows is up to date - recent updates have eliminated the problem of low frame rates in some games
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027667/windows-10-update
3. Uninstall applications Swift Installer. It can be unstable and it is causing some problems reported in DxDiag
4. Turn off the Internet completely when you will in the game and check if the game will run better. ( turn off the modem, disconnect Wi-Fi ) In some causes working interned drastically reduces the frame rate, sometimes up to 10 - 15 frames per second. It is so low that playing is near impossible

I don't work for EA

Message 5 of 8 (657 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey, Creatora! Thank you for your help! I did download the new drives.

But for me the game was fixed even before doing that.

So I now know why my game lagged so badly. I never connected the dots before but the buttom line is (I'm a total layman, but maybe you'll understand what I mean): my laptop didn't "work" when I played Sims 4 as it lagged. When I say "didn't work" I mean I didn't HEAR the fan work nor was it getting warm like it used to. I realised that after I uninstalled the game. After reinstalling my machine started "working" again. It is louder, it is warmer and my game now runs smooth and totally lag-free. I have no idea why my laptop wasn't "working" before and why reinstalling prompted it to "work" again, I also don't know if it "didn't work" with other games, because in that short period I didn't have a chance to play anything else.

Message 6 of 8 (624 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@chrolka

Probably your fan stopped working properly and the GPU overheated, When you are near a computer service, go there and ask them to check this fan, because it can happen again at any time. Such a service is very cheap
Message 7 of 8 (616 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@kreatora It also might be because my computer chose to use the integrated graphics card to play the sims 4 for some reason, and after reinstalling it went back to using NVIDIA.
Message 8 of 8 (587 Views)