Re: Game purchase guarantees

by crinrict

Original Post

Game purchase guarantees

★★★ Novice

I am wanting to pre-order the Sims 4 via Origin, but I assume that there will be no disc copy available to me, therefore I will only be able to play via Origin.

What happens if for some reason I cannot open Origin or my account is lost or something?

Will I still be able to play the game or will I be able to recieve a new copy of it since I paid for it but maybe is lost somehow?

I am just worried that I will pay for this game (considering it's rather expensive) and not be able to access it for some reason, or will not be refunded/given a new free copy if something terrible happens.

I am debating whether to just buy a disc version and not get all the extra content just in case - any advice?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (292 Views)

Re: Game purchase guarantees

Hero

It doesn't matter if you have a disc or have it as download. It will be registered to an Origin account anyways and you will always need to login on that (this can be done in offline mode). So basically, it doesn't make a difference what you'll get.

If your account goes corrupt, EA will help you recover it so that you'll still have your game. You can play Origin in offline mode but if there are problems with Origin, you might not be able to play.

I would keep the following very safe though:

1. Account details (Email used/Password used, username used)
  2. Answer to your security question
  3. Serial code (should be on the game in Origin, write it down somewhere)
  4. Receipt

With this info, you should be able to recover anything should you have troubles with your account.

Hope that answers your question.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (291 Views)