by pjthefey

Original Post

Highlighted

Game not saving changes with custom content

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just the main deluxe game and one of the free expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a household. Install custom content (skins, hairs, outfits etc.). Edit members of the household using testingcheats true cas.fulleditmode SAve. Exit game. Reload game
What happens when the bug occurs? Changes with custom content are not saved.
What do you expect to see? All the chances I made to my sims's appearances.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I just spent 4 hours customizing my sims household of 5 with a bunch of custom content I downloaded.  Hairs, outfits, skins, eye colors, etc. 

I used: 

testingcheats true
cas.fulleditmode 

to modify the appearance of an existing household. 

Everything seemed fine until I closed the game and started it up again. 

To my horror the changes made to 4 our of the five sims in the household had disappeared!!   

For some reason -one- sim has the new saved hair and skin.  All the others are back the way they were before I spent all that time customizing.  

I've checked the save points and restores, and the time stamps match saves I made after my huge amount of appearance editing.   They just aren't showing up in the game save for on one sim. 

Note:   Before closing the game, all my sims looked correct.  I saved it at least two times after all my changes were made. 

Custom content is and has been enabled in the options. 

How can I get all the work into customizing my sims back?  I don't want to spend all that time again knowing it might not save. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,779 Views)

Re: Game not saving changes with custom content

★ Novice

Update: 

Okay so I went back in the game and did the 

cas.fulleditmode

Thing again to enter the Create a Sim editor. 

I discovered that 3 of the five sims in my household saved correctly.  Unfortunately the two that didn't save were the two that I spent the most time customizing...I pulled them up individually to see if some of their cutomizations saved, and others didn't (hair definitely didn't save, but the skins are the default ones too as are the eyes Frown).  Unfortunately the changes are a total loss on both sims. 

Ugh!m one of the two with lost changes was perfect too! 

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but one of them is pregnant. I noticed I couldn't change some things on the pregnant sim when I was editing her....

Meh..  I guess it's better than nothing, but I really want to get the sim back that I spent so much time on.   the 'perfect' one.

Message 2 of 4 (1,775 Views)

★ Novice

Update 2:

OK so this is getting weird.   I watched my sim change into pajamas and suddenly all the changes disappeared.    I tried going back to the 'perfect' one and tried cycling through outfits.   It was all default stuff until I clicked a custom outfit.  She changed into it, and suddenly her entire face and hair changed and all my changes were there again. 

... So the problem seems to be not that changes weren't being saved but things like skin color/texture/etc   somehow became linked with specific outfits.   I don't know what to make of that. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,774 Views)

Try contacting the maker of the CC. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 4 (1,735 Views)