Re: Game not saving! - Sims 4 2022

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

@funtybaby  Restart your computer and see whether you still get the error message.  If you do, please expand the "More details" section at the bottom of the message and let me know what it says.

Please also let me know what antivirus you use, and whether you use any other service to back up or sync your files.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 15 (952 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi!! I was having the same problem so i followed your directions. It ended up saving fine once removing the files, what is the next step?

Message 12 of 15 (811 Views)

@3sth3r-F1n63r  You can add your content to the new Sims 4 folder and test.  You don't need to move everything, just the files in saves, Tray, and Mods, that is if you use mods or custom content.  (Keep the new resource.cfg the game generated either way.)

If you're seeing save error 0, please use this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Save-Code-Error-0/td-p/11317078

You can keep an eye on the thread for updates, and in the interim, use "save as" to get around the problem.

Message 13 of 15 (797 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I moved trays, mods, and saves, and retested. It continues to say error code 0. Do you think I have a mod that might be glitching my game?

Message 14 of 15 (768 Views)

[ Edited ]

@3sth3r-F1n63r  This is happening to people even without mods, so while a mod might be responsible in your case, it's not certain.  Please just use the master bug thread I linked, and whenever you get the error, use "save as" rather than "save."

Edit:  Anyone experiencing Save Error 0 should use this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Save-Code-Error-0/td-p/11317078

If you have a different issue, please create your own new thread.  I'll lock this one here to keep things organized.

Message 15 of 15 (756 Views)