Re: Game not launching

by ebonynight9193

Original Post

@tidsyae  Do you have a Mac?  Pleaes try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, let me know.  And if your computer runs Windows, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 19 (503 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I factory reset it and disabled cc and removed the mods(which was really just cc ) ...it was working .then as I added saves the game acted up again so I factory reset it again...deciding to just start over and not worry about past saves or library items and open the game which worked (cc not enabled) so then I changed game options to see if cc would affect it (I was not worried about having to reset it a 3rd time if necessary because then I would kno It was cc not saves) when i did this i closed the game (mind you this was after enabling cc and clearing saves and tray items ...)it opened fine WITH cc enabled this time ...i then proceeded to create a sim the game was working fine I added cc to my sims game still intact was able to save the game thinking now I could return the next day (which would be this morning) and begin to build ....then it acted up all over again this morning ...I could try to disable origin in game (although I had done this step the game was acting up until I reenabled in game origin before enabling cc again) I honestly dont think it's the cc because I had it fine working without cc and then slowly added saves (which broke it )and had it fine working with no saves and cc ENABLED(after I factory reset it 2nd time...

Message 12 of 19 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictNo I have a lenovo...with a 1tb external harddrive connected 

Message 13 of 19 (494 Views)

@ebonynight9193  Is Sims 4 installed on the external hard drive, and have you taken steps to store your user folder on that drive as well?

Additionally, do you have OneDrive enabled and set to automatically sync the contents of Documents with cloud storage?  If so, please disable the auto syncing, at least for now.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

I'd also still like to see a dxdiag on this computer, just so I can see whether there's anything obvious that should be addressed.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 14 of 19 (481 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I do have the user folder in my external harddrive as far as auto syncing I will check and see I'm not quite sure...I just gave up for a few days .....and today decided to try again I factory reset again and disabled mods and started the game up again to see if I could get to save a game and it is now doing the window minimize to nothing again now with absolutely no mods or cc so idk what's going on I will check the auto syncing now...

Message 15 of 19 (455 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

when cats and dogs crash my previous pc I looked into what specs I would need on ea's website .it at the time was 1.8 ghz i got a pc with 2.3 thinking that would be good even if new packs came out my dxdiag is attached so im hoping it isnt ghz and is something else if anything spec related ..my brother says im better off building my own desktop at this point.

Message 16 of 19 (451 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict also I wasn't using onedrive until now apparently ....so its now on my taskbar when previously it was not so I followed said steps above
Message 17 of 19 (450 Views)

@ebonynight9193  It's better to keep OneDrive out of the picture, at least for now, since having it running can only complicate things.

Did you ever try disabling Origin in-game?  The game window minimizing is a typical symptom of having it running, although there can be other causes as well.

As for your hardware itself, yes, you could do a lot better with a gaming PC.  While your processor is above the minimum requirements for Sims 4, its graphics chip is not, and the 4 GB RAM isn't helping either.  Installing the game and/or having the user folder on an external drive will also slow things down considerably, although with such a small hard drive, it would be difficult to store all your Sims 4 data internally.

If you do want to talk about building or buying a new gaming PC, feel free to ask.  Just let me know your budget and country, so I can see what's available.  I will say that in the category of entry-level gaming systems, you probably wouldn't save much money, if any, building your own, but for a lot of people that's a personal preference regardless.

Message 18 of 19 (418 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes i have tried the origin in game off trick and it didnt  help....but between you and my brother it seems I need to invest in a gaming pc ...I really appreciate the time and effort you have taken to answer my questions ..my brother was in a trade school and took electronics for 4 years as well as worked for some electronic companies and is a big gamer so as far as finding a pc whether built or just outright bought I have help but once again thank you..I also tried to make sure my graphics card was updated apparently tho it's no good...I appreciate all you have done to try to help me and if I need further assistance I'll try to reach out again...thank you for your time.

Message 19 of 19 (404 Views)