Re: Game not launching

by funkytequila

Original Post

Game not launching

★★★★★ Novice

I'm so stressed out this has been since the November 17, 2020 update 

Prior to this update and after the November 10 update my game was running fine..

Packs owned : all (except vampires,starwars,and my first pet)

Things tried :

Repair game

Removed cc

Repaired game

Double checked and removed cc 

Repaired game 

EA called - I repaired my game again while on the phone with them

EA emailed me I took the following steps

Sign out and closed origin

Windows key+ R

Typed in %ProgramData% then opened origin file and deleted all files except LocalContent

Windowskey+ R 

Typed in %AppData% deleted origin folder then clicked AppData at top of window 

Opened local folder deleted origin folder

Restarted pc and logged back into origin

Tried to launch game again -nothing

...repeated those steps again and repaired my game for 5th time...nothing 

Called EA again -they said they thought it was an audio work around it was not ,they were figuring it out ,it was on their end and they'd get back to me ...emailed me that if I still need help come to ea.help

Then tried to see if it was my antivirus it was not then I tried to run origin as administrator....still nothing ...

I dont know what to do and frankly am irritated that my game is on its 4th day of not working (as this didnt start until November 18 when I went to play the game for the first time after November 17

Message 1 of 19 (633 Views)

@ebonynight9193  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If this doesn't help, please let me know whether the game even opens initially, for example if you get a white screen or briefly see the loading screen before it crashes; or whether the game window never appears at all.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 19 (606 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I couldnt find my post again ,sorry ,yes I have followed steps by crincut and now it is currently working so ,downside I lost all my saved games and library saves but at least I can play the game again....

Message 3 of 19 (596 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict It was similar to your answer so I accepted it as the solution
Message 4 of 19 (594 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok so last night no issues it was working after I did that step of basically factory reset ....this morning it went back to what it was doing which was loading up to the first window with the sims and plumbing then going to a small window bar that when maximized is a white screen....I'm so frustrated this is an expensive game and I'm ready to give up I feel like ea owes me for all I've spent on it because I've had to work on it for 5 going on 6 days when it shouldnt do this after 6 years ....you think they'd know how to fix the issue....

Message 5 of 19 (586 Views)

★★ Novice

Nothing works even moving the Sims4 folder does nothing. All I know is since this update when I'm in Origin and I try to play Sims4 it will blink and bring me back to the game in my library, repairing does nothing. Everyday I do try to play it records it as the date I tried to play. This is a joke, I'm sure they could fix it if they truly wanted to.

Message 6 of 19 (571 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this and was able to get a fresh game up to CAS level but beyond CAS the game froze and wouldn't show the manage worlds option. Again, my game was fine up until the 17th Nov update!

Message 7 of 19 (558 Views)

★★★ Novice

HI,

I have tried everything listed above, I have only just installed the game, so there is no folder in the Documents for EA.

I know the laptop I have is up to spec, just wondering why it's not running.

Is there a C++ that needs installing?

Message 8 of 19 (543 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ebonynight9193  Did you add any content to the new Sims 4 folder, particularly mods or custom content?  If so, that might be the issue, so pleaes remove the entire Mods folder from the new Sims 4 folder.  Delete localthumbcache.package as well.

Otherwise, please try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.  It's not usually necessary, but try disabling Origin in-game at the Sims 4 level too: open your game library, right-click on the game's icon, select Game Properties, then uncheck the box for Origin in-game.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

By the way, your saves and other files aren't gone, they're intact in the Sims 4 folder you moved.  So once the game is working again, you can put your existing content back, or at least the files that are working.  It's possible you have one or more outdated mods that are causing the issue, so of course those can't be used.

Message 9 of 19 (518 Views)

@us3girls1738 and @funkytequila  If your games won't open at all, please use this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-doesn-t-start-No-Error-Message-Pa...

You can try the steps in the first post, and if they don't work, please post there and attach a dxdiag.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 10 of 19 (516 Views)