Game not Launching

by redbutterfly1721

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game not Launching

★★★★★ Newbie

My Sims 4 isnt launching - I have to repair the game via Origin each time I play. The Game is up to date, as is Origin and My PC. This has only just started happening this week and as I have to repair it each time - I have to wait 30 mins to actually play my game ( I have all the packs). I have also removed the Sims 4 file to my desktop and tried to launch the game with a new sims 4 folder (No CC or MODS) Still wont launch unless I repair it. I dont want to have to repair the game everyday like I am now.

Is anyone else having this problem? does anyone have any other troubleshooting ideas I could try?

Message 1 of 6 (5,811 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game not Launching

@redbutterfly1721  Try clearing Origin's cache, restarting your computer, and repairing one more time.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help either, try disabling your antivirus/firewall, at least long enough to launch the game, restart your computer. and launch it (or try to again).  If this fixes the issue, set exceptions for Origin.exe, TS4_x64.exe, and TS4.exe.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (5,796 Views)

All Replies

@redbutterfly1721  Try clearing Origin's cache, restarting your computer, and repairing one more time.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help either, try disabling your antivirus/firewall, at least long enough to launch the game, restart your computer. and launch it (or try to again).  If this fixes the issue, set exceptions for Origin.exe, TS4_x64.exe, and TS4.exe.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (5,797 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you @puzzlezaddict I'll try all the below and let you know. Much appreciated !!  Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (5,772 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thanks again - clearing the cache worked and I can go back to enjoying my game!
Message 4 of 6 (5,745 Views)

★★ Novice
If you are having and issue where games are not launching, I was fortunate enough to get and error from ea play.

Download Visual C++ redistributable from microsoft found here:

(download and run: vcredist_x64.exe)

Let me know if this works for you!
Message 5 of 6 (2,198 Views)

Community Manager

@TheRealMcChillen 

We appreciate you helping but this is an old thread and we will lock it now but feel free to create a new topic as and when you like.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 6 (2,162 Views)