Re: Game loses all data and needs repairing

by Riverleigh

Original Post

Game loses all data and needs repairing

★★★★★ Novice

Hi

So twice now I have noticed the Sims 4 icon disappear from my desktop and when I play via Origin, I notice that not only have all my creations disappeared, but it's an older version of the game, without the new title page layout, and all the new updates (like skin tone sliders, MAC makeup, and basically everything new-ish that's come out) is gone. I am forced to create a new Sim without any of that stuff. The first time it happened, I was able to successfully do a repair on the game, but this time, it says the repair/download failed. I kinda wanna know what's going on, does anyone else have this issue, why is it happening and how do I fix it so it doesn't happen again? It's super frustrating.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9 (348 Views)

Hero
@Riverleigh Sounds like your antivirus program has quarantined the 64 bit exe file and the game started the legacy edition instead.

Check on your virus program if it did something like that and if it did, allow the 64 bit exe to be run.

A repair should then reinstate the file. You might also need to switch back to the 64 bit version in Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (333 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you. I think I've managed to work out how to do that. I will play test it for a week or two and see if that's fixed it Standard smile

Message 3 of 9 (307 Views)

Hero
@Riverleigh Good to hear.

Hope it solves the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (297 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi again

Despite getting my anti-virus (AVG) to allow Sims 4, yet again the desktop icon was deleted and I've had to attempt to repair the game, which failed just now as I'm typing this. I'm not sure what's going on with it. If I'm honest, I've had troubles with Sims for years on and off. So annoying. So buggy. Can you think of anything else I could try? 

Thanks so much

~

Message 5 of 9 (276 Views)

Hero
@Riverleigh Are you using any other security software ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (268 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Crin

I use Malwarebytes, AVG and C-Cleaner. Both Malwarebytes and AVG do automatic scans and updates.

I've noticed that nearly every time I turn on my laptop after it's been off overnight, the Sims 4 desktop icon disappears and that's when I need to run a repair. Do you think it might be Malwarbytes? I know it is a strange program that keeps deleting auslogics defrag. It sees it as malware. Maybe it's seeing Sims 4 as malware... ? ^.~

Message 7 of 9 (245 Views)

Hero
@Riverleigh I would not put two programs on automatic scans. They might cause conflicts. Best is to just use Malware Bytes manually.

Try turning it off for the moment and see if the issue persists.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (235 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Good to know. I'll try that and see how it goes. Thanks Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (196 Views)