Re: Game locking in the initial loading screen after the last upgrade.

by omk358

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue after installing the Holiday update. Never had a single crash problem with the game until tonight, and now every time I try to load the game, it hangs at the initial loading screen and won't go anywhere. Definitely not pleased.

Edit: I gave it a bit of time, and it caught up but I'm reluctant to play a house for fear that it'll just crash and I'll lose progress again.

Message 11 of 16 (483 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It happened to me as well, only i made sure my mods ect were not there before the update, and it still freezes on loading game, im not happy bout this, due to fact ive had good run so far with this game.

Message 12 of 16 (469 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

EA gurus:  Please post the solution for this problem.  The game loads if you leave it long enough.  Then it said I wasn't online.  It took another few minutes of a frozen screen before I was online.  Then it worked OK.  But, this ridiculous loading time is not OK.  I've had no problem with the game before.  Thank you!

Message 13 of 16 (445 Views)

★★★ Novice

Agreed. There was no issue whatsoever with loading time prior to this update. Hope they release a fix soon. 

Message 14 of 16 (443 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Seems to be the same problem I'm having, nothing is saving into my gallery anymore either and I've had to leave my tray folder completely emptied otherwise the game will crash when loading. My thread may get moved here as well but here's a link.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Crashing-issue-with-old-files-in-TRAY-folder/m-p/4124494#U412449...

Message 15 of 16 (433 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is so sad.

Every time EA releases a new update my game takes an issue and now the problem is bigger then before.
My game doesn't load anymore and when miraculously it can load I can't use [Alt] + [Tab]. I can't hear sound of voices or affects...

My Zeus! We need a fix for all of it!

Message 16 of 16 (425 Views)