Game loading is in progress

by Oreoandcream

Original Post

Game loading is in progress

★★★★ Novice

Hi! Today I have been experiencing some problems with my game that is probably very known on here but unfortunately isn't helpful to me. Today I created a new game because my last saved games wouldn't let me load into the actual game to where I can't play as my sims and so on. When I entered the game today I saw something familiar that has happened to me before but I never knew how to fix it. It was something where I couldn't manage worlds, travel, or save my game and when I hovered over it, it said "game loading is in progress" when it didn't really make sense to me. I have CC so I took those out of my mods folder but it still has the same problem. All of my CC mods are updated and this is a base game but for some reason it still would not let me do these interactions. Im honestly very frustrated with the game after I repaired it and tried all of these different things. But nothing seems to be working. Please help!!

Message 1 of 2 (174 Views)

Re: Game loading is in progress

Hero

Hi @Oreoandcream

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (155 Views)