I have no idea if I'm in the right place to ask this 

But my Sims 4 game is lagging so bad and I haven't a clue how to fix it, 

So if you have any ideas on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated 

Thank you so much 

Message 1 of 6 (428 Views)

Re: Game lagging

★★★★★ Guide

Hey there @shinobi_dana ;

When you're talking about the game lagging, what do you mean? Is autonomy not running efficiently? Are load times for the lots taking too long? Is the game choppy/jumpy when it's running? Some clarification can help to better narrow down the problem.

To get you into a good spot by the way, here's a few starting steps first:

- Make sure your video drivers are all up to date.

- Make sure your version of Sims 4 is up to the latest version.

- If you are using any Custom Content (CC) or Mods, let us know; a good amount of the game's performance issues outside of the norm can be from Custom Content, so it's helpful to know if we're dealing with that from the get-go.

- B

Message 2 of 6 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @burin077 

Yeah the loading screens take far too long, and the game is very jumpy when playing. 

I have some CC installed 

Message 3 of 6 (399 Views)

★★ Pro

@shinobi_dana 

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers and turning off Origin in-game?

How to Find devices and updating drivers on your PC
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Turn off Origin In-Game:
Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game tab and click the on/off switch to disable Origin In Game. - This deactivates Origin In-Game, as it has been known to cause problems with games.

Restart the computer, to help the computer refresh itself, and try launching the game again.

Start the game in Windowed mode:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode/

I'm not entirely sure why playing in Windowed mode works, but there have been many with higher end cards reporting that playing the game in Windowed mode works. If Windowed mode works, try switching back to Fullscreen to see if it continues to work.

Something else to test is to make sure your game runs okay without mods and custom content by moving the Mods folder to the desktop and deleting the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting.

Deleting the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder helps to remove any traces of the mods or cc that were installed.

If you find it runs better without mods/cc. It maybe that you have tried to install outdated mods or custom content. To fix this, try the 50/50 method.

1. Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

How To Find Problem Mods and CC - http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Message 4 of 6 (380 Views)

★★ Novice

@172e3cda00349872 

Hey, I've tried all the suggestions and updated my graphics card. 

The game works a little but it still just locks up constantly. 

I've also removed all my cc and mods 

I'm so lost and frustrated with it, I haven't a clue what to do next 

Thank you for your suggestions 

Message 5 of 6 (350 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Do you happen to have a copy of your dxdiag available? If it's locking up and crashing as mentioned, and the previous steps haven't changed anything, then it's telling me that the issue might be System-related. I don't want to go too much further without knowing the environment we're working with.

If you're able to provide a dxdiag file, please do; if you are unable to, do the following for me:

- Open Task Manager

- Go to the Details Tab (You might have to select the More Details button if you're in Windows 8/10.)

- Sort the list by Alphabetical Order

- Look for the Sims 4 application called "TS4.exe" or "TS4_x64.exe" and tell me which one it is.

- B

Message 6 of 6 (345 Views)