Game lagging/slow

by fotkittycat

Original Post

Game lagging/slow

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My game is extremely lagging as well,I play in Winderburg and time freezes I cannot open the fridge and do almost anything .

Edit By Crinrict: Split from other thread, Adjusted Titel

Message 1 of 9 (323 Views)

Re: sims 4 game lagging/slow

Hero
@fotkittycat How big is your save game ? Do you have lots of empty household in your household manager ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (306 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have 4 save files and none lot of empty household in my household manager,it hapenned after the cottage living exp.and the latest update
Message 3 of 9 (297 Views)

Hero
@fotkittycat Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (291 Views)

★ Apprentice

here it is

Message 5 of 9 (277 Views)

Hero
@fotkittycat Hm, at first glance I see a couple windows updates failures and your drivers are from April (there's probably newer ones) but I don't think that accounts for the lags.

To be sure, you get it in all four saves ? What size is each save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (257 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have 3 save files I checked the last two ,its the sane thing lag and i cannot open the fridge at all,my sims live in Winderburg i didnt even went to see the new world ,the game is unplayable after the last patch.My save files are 9.364 KB
Message 7 of 9 (251 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@fotkittycat I split your posts into it's own thread for troubleshooting. It's easier.

Have you been using any mods ?

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (236 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you for your time . I'll try it.No mods No CC for me .My game is vanilla ,too bad these updates cause all those troubles
Message 9 of 9 (230 Views)