Re: Game lagging since last two patches, especially in Build/Buy

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Game lagging since last two patches, especially in Build/Buy

★★★ Apprentice

Hi all,

Ever since this past patch and the one with dream decorator, my game is lagging much more than usual. In build/buy especially it can be slow at times and FPS has dropped.

I have a gaming computer with ample storage space, so I don't believe this is the problem. I am able to play more intense games without issue.

I have tried without mods and with mods (updated of course) and the result is the same. I do not have MCC installed as that mod has not been updated.

In case this wasn't on the team's radar I wanted to mention it, as I remember when the dream decorator pack came out there were some issues with lag also.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (181 Views)

@simaddict1990  Lag in Build/Buy is a known issue, but perhaps that's not your issue if you're seeing it in live mode as well.  Please test in a clean user folder: move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a new folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see how a new save runs.

If you see more lag, even in live mode, please let me know how much CPU Origin and Sims 4 are using, as measured in the Task Manager.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (167 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @puzzlezaddict ,

Attached is the DxDiag and my GPU CPU results while live in game. The live mode lag only happens occasionally compared to build/buy.

To me it appears nothing is wrong with the PC or components themselves.

Thanks,

Ashley

Message 3 of 4 (130 Views)

@simaddict1990  Nothing stands out in your dxdiag, although Malwarebytes did crash at some point; if you're running it while you play, try disabling it.

Otherwise, please try playing in a clean user folder, just to see whether it helps.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see how a new save runs.

If you see the same lag at times in live mode, please try playing in a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

When you reboot, go through the Task Manager's background processes list and shut down anything still running that doesn't absolutely need to be, for example RBG software or MSI Afterburner.  Disable any real-time virus scanner as well.

The lag in Build/Buy can be a separate issue, so I'd like to know whether the lag in live mode disappears at any point regardless of what happens in Build/Buy.  I'm not saying the latter definitely can't be fixed, just that it can't be fixed some of the time, whereas lag in live mode should be addressable.

If you do see more lag in live mode, please let me know what's happening on-screen at the time.  For example, the game does tend to lag when NAP voting (from Eco Lifestyle) ends and the results need to be applied to sims; the game can also lag when attempting to render large numbers of sims, or for that matter certain cc items that demand more resources than typical EA items.  The point is, if there's a pattern to the lag, it would be useful to know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (120 Views)