Game keeps telling me to update over and over

by OolongMom

Original Post

Game keeps telling me to update over and over

★ Novice

The update that is trying to install is 1.63

When I start I get a message saying my game is not up to date and would I like to update it. I try to, and rather than being able to see that little progress window I usually see during an update, everything goes away. If I try to open the game again it tells me an update is in progress and to try again later (so it must think it's doing something). I have no way to know when the update is "done" but eventually the it allows me to try to start the game again. At that first welcome window it tells me my game is not up to date, yadda yadda yadda...it just can't seem to commit to doing the actual update for some reason.

The only extra content I havewas purchased from EA on the Sims 3 website (I don't have anything created from anyone else). That was purchased a year or two ago, so I don't see why the "Faire Folk Furnishings" would cause a problem now.

I updated Origin but it still has not fixed this issue. 

I have most of the expansion packs (except Generations and the new Future one). The most recent expansion I installed was Island Paradise. 

I do have the option to cancel the update and play anyway, so this is not a critical issue right now, but I'm curious as to why it won't update like it usually does.

I'm not terribly worried about losing any saved games or whatever, but reinstalling all these expansion packs as well as the very large base game would be a headache...

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Message 1 of 2 (2,118 Views)

Re: Game keeps telling me to update over and over

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-63/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (2,113 Views)