Re: Game keeps freezing Sims 3

by roberta591

Original Post

Game keeps freezing Sims 3

★★★ Novice

My game keeps freezing.  I was told to limit the expansion/packs but it still happens.  What should I do?  Also, I have uploaded a few lots but they don't show up on my page?  Where did they go?  Says they were successfully uploaded and shared.

Message 1 of 4 (235 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@CLBDG  If your computer is a pc (I think it is) please post your com,puter's dxdiag - link - how to post dxdiag   thank you.

Message 2 of 4 (224 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi CLBDG!

Do you have custom content in your game? This would happen to me awhile ago when I had a bunch of custom content in my game. If you don't have any, I would lower the settings on your game. Sometimes; the graphics are too high for your computer, and can slow the game down and make it freeze. I wouldn't worry about the expansion packs, I have every one and my game still runs fine. I just think you need to lower the graphics, or lower the amount of custom content you have in your game; if you have any.

So, when you upload a lot, it goes straight to the Sims 3 launcher, right? Did you make sure to upload it? This happens to me, I sometimes can't find what I upload but it is there. You can look at all of your items on the exchange. Sometimes, you have to upload them more than once, which is why you sometimes see multiple houses uploaded, or multiple sims uploaded that are exactly the same.

Also, make sure that the game packs that you used for making the lot are enabled and downloaded. It sometimes gets confused because you had it in your game, and now you don't; if that makes sense.

I hope I was helpful!

Heart Senpaiproblems

I do not work for EA.

Message 3 of 4 (214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@CLBDG wrote:

My game keeps freezing.  I was told to limit the expansion/packs but it still happens.  What should I do?  Also, I have uploaded a few lots but they don't show up on my page?  Where did they go?  Says they were successfully uploaded and shared.

Maybe this will help? Standard smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vstaY45wsj4

Look at the comments as well as I did do a couple of errors in the video and I explained them in the comments.

Message 4 of 4 (202 Views)