Re: Game keeps crashing due to windows 10

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game keeps crashing due to windows 10

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Okay, the problem I am having is that every since the cats and dogs updates my game keeps crashing. I know that it doesn't have anything to do with cc and mods because after the update I went through my mods folder. All my cc and mods are fine but the error seems to be with  Microsoft Window. Here is my Dxdiaig and any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (724 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

Hey, Thank You for answering but I have figured out the problem. The reason I thought it was Windows because is that what the error message would say. I didn't think it was cc/mods because I wasn't receiving any error message from mccc. So, today while cleaning my PC up I realized I have a lot of high cc /mods/apps I don't use. So I deleted all of my useless stuff and it works just fine.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (848 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @shi1209

have you tried without any mods/cc installed ? 

Do you have any current lastcrash files here: documents\electronicarts\thesims4

At what point does it crash ? Why do you think it's a Win 10 issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (691 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, Thank You for answering but I have figured out the problem. The reason I thought it was Windows because is that what the error message would say. I didn't think it was cc/mods because I wasn't receiving any error message from mccc. So, today while cleaning my PC up I realized I have a lot of high cc /mods/apps I don't use. So I deleted all of my useless stuff and it works just fine.

Message 3 of 4 (849 Views)

Hero

Glad you found the culprit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (633 Views)