Game keep crashing after this recent update

by sommorebutta

Original Post

Game keep crashing after this recent update

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I use mods and cc. I've went through and deleted everything I could. Still my game crashes. I don't know what these clean exceptions are or what the crash exceptions are. I've tried to Google the answer and I'm coming up short. Also my sim can't travel without the game crashing. 

Message 1 of 7 (334 Views)

Re: Game keep crashing after this recent update

@sommorebutta  Do you have any lastcrash.txt files in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 that correspond to these crashes?  (Check the timestamps.)  If so, please either copy and paste the content of the most recent file into a post here—please use the spoiler tag—or create a .rar file and attach it to a post.

For the crashing itself, please test in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can play a new save and travel around a bit without any crashing.  Let me know either way.

If the crashing is gone, try copying a save over from your old folder, but don't add any mods or custom content yet.  Since you're copying the save rather than dragging and dropping, you don't have to worry about missing objects: the original copy of the save will be intact in the old folder, and you can delete the new copy in the new folder when you're done experimenting.

If the game still crashes in a clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (303 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Ok I'll try again today.
Message 3 of 7 (265 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Here is the attachment @puzzlezaddict

Message 4 of 7 (248 Views)

@sommorebutta  Did you test in a clean Sims 4 folder, with absolutely nothing added to it?  If not, please try now.  A lot of the crashing issues after this patch are fixed by a clean folder.

If you're still getting crashes in a clean folder, with no mods or cc, is there anything specific that's happening in-game when it crashes?  Do you have a lastcrash.txt (inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) from the recent crashes?  Please let me know either way.  If you do have one, please either copy and paste it into a reply here—use the spoiler tag—or create a .rar file and attach it to a post.

One of the Sims 4 crashes in your dxdiag mentions Nahimic, which is audio enhancement software, so you can also try disabling it while you play.  Hit crtl-alt-delete, select the Task Manager, look for anything with the word Nahimic in background tasks, and for whatever you find, click on it and End Task.  Nahimic will be active again the next time you reboot your computer, but it won't restart on its own otherwise.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 7 (243 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I am having lastcrash_63735293557 It's also the same number for the lastexception. But when I click on it. It's saying you can't find out something in a empty file. I don't know what that is. I will put them in a folder and try to attach it.
Message 6 of 7 (236 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did see some of the things in the folder. I removed them. I will retry again.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 7 of 7 (229 Views)