Re: Game is frozen for a week now...

by CMeki

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game is frozen for a week now...

★★ Newbie

Ever since i got my new cc order downloaded in (i normally get 5-20 new cc/mods) the sims 4 hasn't been working properly, When i open it up, it works perfectly showing how its maxis, and stuff. Then says "The sims 4 ^" with the little icon. It then freezes there and i cannot seem to get the program off of my laptop. I try to go back to google chrome or any other tabs and i cannot. I restart my laptop and come back. I try again in a few minutes, but it still freezes every time. This has been an issue for the past week. 

1: Is there a problem with my device or should I remove some precious cc. Does any cc harm the game? Or is it my game. I also recently just updated the game to its latest update before I experienced any trouble. Does any cc not do good with the update?

2: Should i try to link my laptop onto my desktop?

Please fix this soon because I have spent over $100 worth on this game and I cannot have it broken. Please fix this immediately and someone get back to me.

Thanks,

Still A Simmer,

Claire

Message 1 of 2 (235 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@ClaireyyGURL

To check if this is a mod issue or not you need to remove all mods and try starting the game.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Cc can harm the game, but it's not very common. Usually, it just causes problems that go away when the mod is removed. What it can do for example is break your save, so that you can no longer play with an old save. Make sure to back up your saves from time to time if you play with mods and are afraid of losing anything.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (232 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@ClaireyyGURL

To check if this is a mod issue or not you need to remove all mods and try starting the game.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Cc can harm the game, but it's not very common. Usually, it just causes problems that go away when the mod is removed. What it can do for example is break your save, so that you can no longer play with an old save. Make sure to back up your saves from time to time if you play with mods and are afraid of losing anything.

Message 2 of 2 (233 Views)