Game is Broken

by sudul4

Original Post

Game is Broken

★★★ Novice

I was playing the sims fine and then yesterday (07-28-2021) my button icons disappeared.  That had to do with CC so I deleted the mod and solved that issue. Now however, with all my mods and cc removed, the game is having major issues. it takes 4-5x the time it used to load a game. the p and 1 2 3 don't work to control the time and pause anymore. they make the sounds like they are working but don't do anything. I also cant click on anything in the game and give the sims commands. Build mode seems to work okay. If i let the game run the sims never do anything and seem unable to move, although they still have idle animations. I have made sure everything on my computers up to date such as drivers and software. i have tried repairing the sims multiple times and restarted. I finally saved a copy of my saves and uninstalled the sims and re installed everything and the problem still persists. I don't understand how it could still be an issues after uninstalling and re installing. Help! I've had so many issues its like the universe doesn't want me to play Cottage Living =(

Message 1 of 2 (128 Views)

Re: Game is Broken

@sudul4  Please go to Manage Worlds, click Manage Households, then the Other Households tab, and let me know if you see a large number of blank households.  Please also let me know the amount of RAM Sims 4 is using while you play: you can put the game into windowed mode and open the Task Manager to check.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (91 Views)