Re: Game installation from Origin

by aryaveer

Original Post

Game installation from Origin

★★★ Newbie

Problem concerning Sims 2 Apartment Life which I'd purchased online, downloaded and installed on my old computer. Now, I'm trying to install it to a new computer from the Origin. However, I can't log in into my old EA Download Manager account since none of my password attempts work, and the e-mail address doesn't exist anymore... Is it possible to copy the game files from computer to another and get the expansion pack working?

Message 1 of 3 (760 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Copying over the files might work if you still have the installer program from the old download.

However, if you contact EA, I am sure you can verify your account and have the email changed and get a password reset sent to the new email so you can get the files fresh from the Origin client. (EA Download Manager is no more im afraid)

Message 2 of 3 (759 Views)

★ Guide

First of all, contact EA support to get access of your EA account. After verifying account, they will help you to restore it by changing the email address as you do not have access of Email.

As you purchased the downloadable version of the game, you can backup your copy on a disk to use later. You can copy the download data to a disk and can use the disk to install the game later. You would, however require the registration code for installation and would also need to login to Origin to play the game.

The location for download is listed below (this is the default location for download )

Open My Computer.

Double-click the C: drive.

Double-click the Program Data folder.

Double-click the Electronic Arts folder.

Double-click the Origin folder.

Double-click the Cache folder.

You would just need to copy the content of the cache folder to make a backup.

Just ensure that you have selected the option to "Keep Game Installers after games have been installed" through "appliction settings" option in Origin.

Message 3 of 3 (755 Views)