Game has frozen

by escapedpolarbear

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Game has frozen

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was about to save and quit TS3 after about 45 minutes of playing. However, it's suddenly frozen. The background noise of a car driving past and a fairy's wings moving can be heard, but the game has frozen. I can't click on anything so I can't get out of the game unless I force quit it, but I'd like to save my game first.

Is there any way I can save my game?

Message 1 of 3 (407 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game has frozen

@escapedpolarbear  There's not much you can do to save your progress once the game has frozen.  It won't save, and your only move is to force quit (command-option-escape on a Mac brings up the Force Quit menu).  There is a trick that sometimes works—grabbing files from the CurrentGame folder inside your Sims 3 folder in Documents and moving them into the existing folder for the save.  But the risk there is introducing corruption to the save, and you might not even know right away that anything was wrong.

By the way, be sure to delete the contents of CurrentGame before you try to play again.  That folder should always be empty unless you have the game open.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (362 Views)

All Replies

@escapedpolarbear  There's not much you can do to save your progress once the game has frozen.  It won't save, and your only move is to force quit (command-option-escape on a Mac brings up the Force Quit menu).  There is a trick that sometimes works—grabbing files from the CurrentGame folder inside your Sims 3 folder in Documents and moving them into the existing folder for the save.  But the risk there is introducing corruption to the save, and you might not even know right away that anything was wrong.

By the way, be sure to delete the contents of CurrentGame before you try to play again.  That folder should always be empty unless you have the game open.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (363 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you. I forced quitted it.
Message 3 of 3 (336 Views)