Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game glitching after recent update and download of Realm of Magic

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Currently, all of the expansions, all of the game packs and Glamour stuff pack and Laundry day stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not too sure, I have been trying to build a house for my sims and when i click off the build mode and enter live mode then it starts glitching, the icons dont appear, it appears in live mode and the sims moving and doing things but I can't control them and can't click anything so i have to force stop the application on my PC.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have been trying to build a house for my sims and when i click off the build mode and enter live mode then it starts glitching, the icons dont appear, it appears in live mode and the sims moving and doing things but I can't control them and can't click anything so i have to force stop the application on my PC.
What do you expect to see? No icon moodlets, no sim in the bottom left, can't control the sims, icons are missing and you can't click anything else to either exit or save.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I haven't made any changes to my system, its the same as it was before the update. I had to update the game to the recent update I also installed the Realm Of Magic pack after the update too.

So I recently updated my game to the sims 4 and I also purchased and downloaded the new pack - Realm Of Magic - and I've been dying to play it! So I was a little sad and annoyed when it turned out that I couldn't play it cause it kept crashing, it glitches as well and I'm getting to the point where I just want to cry cause I can't play the pack and enjoy it. I have already been through my CC to try and figure out if it was a CC that was preventing it from working. I was wondering whether there was an update that cancelled all CC's currently out or whether the update has just released a wave of glitches on my game which would be typical knowing my luck. Is anyone else having this problem cause it feels like it's only me whose got the problem? Unfortunately I can't provide any screenshots cause it's not letting me take it with it in the glitch. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,342 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game glitching after recent update and download of Realm of Magic

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LokiMaximoff Moving your post to tech for troubleshooting.

Each patch (there was one) potentially breaks your custom content/mods

Please test without and if it works, put your cc back in groups until you ind what's causing the issue.

If you are using the UI cheat extension mod or any other GUI mods, make sure to update them to the newest version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,287 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LokiMaximoff Moving your post to tech for troubleshooting.

Please test without and if it works, put your cc back in groups until you ind what's causing the issue.

If you are using the UI cheat extension mod or any other GUI mods, make sure to update them to the newest version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,288 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

@LokiMaximoffMoving your post to tech for troubleshooting.

Thank you for the help, I figured it out. It was an UI cheat extension like you suggested Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (1,188 Views)

★ Novice

How to stop my Sims 4 realm of magic from glitching or crashing?  It's without CC content O.o Like f''rinstance, Where can I find and install the emergency  patch?

Message 4 of 5 (1,093 Views)

@VespiaX  Can you please provide a bit more information?  When does the game crash?  (As in, right away, after a certain amount of time no matter how you play, only in live mode, that kind of thing.)  As long as your computer is online, Origin would have offered you the recent patch automatically, so you don't need to worry about that.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (1,059 Views)