Game freezes when pressing any key on the keyboard

by azcn2503

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game freezes when pressing any key on the keyboard

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello,

My game just started exhibiting this strange issue. I have only owned the game for the past two days. This morning upon opening the game and entering build mode and trying to remove some walls by holding the Ctrl key and dragging the mouse I discovered that the game is freezing when pressing any key on the keyboard. It is not possible to play the game properly without using the keyboard.

My system has not received any updates or any changes in hardware since the last time I played. 

Any suggestions for a fix or workaround?

Many thanks.

Update: Here is a video demonstrating the issue: http://youtu.be/M167_Ct8kZg

Message 1 of 6 (3,205 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game freezes when pressing any key on the keyboard

Hero

There was a patch yesterday so you maybe you didn't realize Origin was updating the game.

Do you have AI Suite 3 or MSI Afterburner on your computer ? There seems to be a conflict with these.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,516 Views)

All Replies

Hero

There was a patch yesterday so you maybe you didn't realize Origin was updating the game.

Do you have AI Suite 3 or MSI Afterburner on your computer ? There seems to be a conflict with these.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (3,517 Views)

★ Novice

Hi!

I just asked Origin to check for updates on the game, then tried again, and the problem seems to have been fixed!

I do have an Asus motherboard but I have disabled AI Suite from my startup entries as it was giving me issues in other applications also.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6 (3,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have tried this solution, closed down both MSI and ASUS programs and still i have this problem, it even lags on the main screen before i select a game one with the big Play button and Create new household, i have not played the game in a few weeks and was working beforehand perfectly not its not i have tried to update the game and clicked varify games files in Origin also no luck restarted pc several times also to no avail Frown

Message 4 of 6 (3,133 Views)

Hero

From what I hear just shutting down isn't enough for some people.

Someone solved it by reinstalling the game though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (3,131 Views)

★★ Novice

this started after ghosts updates at least to me it never happened before until the updates arrives i think the npc sims are making these freezes when they dissapear in the end of the lot i saw it happened just before some sims gone from the lot 

i dont think keyboard r making those freezes cuz in night those freezes never happen cuz theres usually no sims outside, thats why i think those walking sims r causing those frezzes

Message 6 of 6 (3,093 Views)