Game freezes on loading screen

by xkatiebrew

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game freezes on loading screen

★★ Novice

My game has been fine until a few days ago, I went to load and it froze on the title screen, The Sims 4 logo shows but then stops. I used the Mod Detector and got rid of all the wrong files, I have removed all CC, mods and saved data but it still froze, I uninstalled and reinstalled everything but it still freezes. I have enough storage etc on my laptop but nothing seems to work! I am running out of ideas and need help Frown

Message 1 of 8 (501 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game freezes on loading screen

★★ Novice

I tried the Mods again and turns out I had a cc file that once I deleted it, it worked perfectly fine. Which is weird seen as that the first thing I tested and it still didn't work!

Do you think it is still worth getting a newer driver in case something similar happens again?

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (386 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (485 Views)

★★ Novice

I have done this and it still didn't work

Message 3 of 8 (483 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 8 (479 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry for the delayed response, I have attached the file

Message 5 of 8 (454 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You have a very weak processor and only builtin graphics. The driver for Graphics is pretty old visit https://downloadcenter.intel.com to check for a newer driver and see if that helps.

Have you recently installed an addon to the game? If so this may have have pushed it over the edge. If it loads to the main menu try in options to set graphics to low and enable laptop mode.

Message 6 of 8 (400 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried the Mods again and turns out I had a cc file that once I deleted it, it worked perfectly fine. Which is weird seen as that the first thing I tested and it still didn't work!

Do you think it is still worth getting a newer driver in case something similar happens again?

Message 7 of 8 (387 Views)

Hero
@xkatiebrew It's always worth checking for updated drivers :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (356 Views)