Re: Game freezes in one specific save

by 172e3cda00349872

Original Post

Game freezes in one specific save

★★ Guide

I use some CC, but the game only freezes after a few minutes in one save, the other one I can play normally. I tried to remove the CCs, but still got the same problem.

Message 1 of 9 (624 Views)

Hero
Hi @jupkmn

does it freeze completely or just lag ? Any specific interaction ? Did you test if it's only a certain household or the whole save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (610 Views)

★★ Guide

It freezes completely. No specific interaction. I just tested and aparently is only in one specific household, actually looks like it only started to happens after my second son was born, because after that, I cannot complete even 24 hours in game. I tried to play in a backup save (saddly the oldest one my sim was already pregnant) and the game was ok until after the child was born.

Message 3 of 9 (587 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (572 Views)

★★ Guide

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 9 (548 Views)

★★ Pro

@jupkmn

Thank you for sharing your computer information with us. Specs are good, drivers are updated and you've got a good amount of space left on your hard drive.

You mention moving your mods folder, but did you clear your game cache and delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting.

How to Delete Cache Files
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Trying a new game without the mods folder, if it works fine try your problem save to see if that helps.

Custom content can become outdated with most new game patches. If the game works when the Mods folder is removed, then one or more of the mods and/or custom content has become outdated and will need to be removed or replaced. EA/Maxis aren't responsible for broken mods/cc. It's up to the creators to fix.

Disabling or turning off both mod/cc options isn't enough of a test.

Try the 50/50 method:

1. Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

How To Find Problem Mods and CC
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Message 6 of 9 (539 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi, thank you so much, I will try those methods.

Just one question, I have some lastcrash and lastexception files. Do they indicate anything important?

Message 7 of 9 (532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@jupkmn

I don't know how to read those files. It's my understanding that the lastcrash files are made for the devs to read.

However, you can enter the text of the last exception file into the message box of this site: http://xmlprettyprint.com/

It may help find what the problem(s) are. Look for key words, key components as to why the error is happening.

If it's still all confusing, you can ask Rosemow and others on the Official Sims Forum maybe able to help decipher those files: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935421/how-can-i-interpret-the-last-exception-file

Message 8 of 9 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @jupkmn

your welcome to attach your files here but AHQ is currently acting up with those kind of files.

It should be possible to attach a .rar file but you can also just c/p the text within spoiler tags to your post.

Could you also upload your save somewhere and PM me the link ? As you say, it's one specific save, I'd like to see if I can replicate. It could be something about the save itself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (514 Views)