by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game freezes every time I try to use wallpaper

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, city living, get to work, get together, vampires, dine out, outdoors retreat, bowling night stuff, kids room stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not too sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Game freezes and locks onto the screen, every time I try to use a wallpaper.It doesn't matter which covering I use the end result is the same. I then have to attempt to force close the game and loose all my progress, which is getting rather annoying as i currently can't progress anywhere. To close the game I have to switch to another desktop to open task manager. ts_x64.exe shows as not responding. I've looked in my logs and there are no last exceptions or last crash logs at the time of any of these crashes.
What do you expect to see? Is anyone else having this issue or knows a way to fix the problem so I can actually finish my build and be able to play the game again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

‌ 

Message 1 of 8 (390 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Game freezes every time I try to use wallpaper

Hero

What if you bulldoze the lot and start from scratch ? Can you try the same lot in a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (379 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Did you delete your cache files after removing the mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (386 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The Cache is empty and I haven't used any mods for over a year. DxDiag file is attached, thank you.

Message 3 of 8 (365 Views)

Hero

Your graphics chip is a bit borderline but I doubt that's the issue

Did you always have this issue ? Did you try a different save to see if you have the same issue there ?

Also tagging @BryonyRae to see if she's heard of this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (355 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well it is a laptop I'm running the sims on so the graphics aren't going to be amazing haha

I've never had this issue before or anything like this and I've been going on the sims for ages on this laptop without any issues. 

Before I went to check the save files i went back into the game because it occurred to me I hadn't tested the other lots. I don't know why I didn't think to check this earlier but it seems to only crash my game on this one particular lot in Willow Creek where I'm currently building a house, all the other lots are fine and going into a different saved game the problem doesn't occur. 

Not sure if this makes it easier or harder to find a solution haha.

Message 5 of 8 (350 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

What if you bulldoze the lot and start from scratch ? Can you try the same lot in a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (380 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just Bulldozed the Lot and rebuilt the house on the same lot and this has gotten rid of the problem. Thank you for all your help solving this issue.

Message 7 of 8 (318 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (312 Views)