by manda639

Original Post

Highlighted

Game freezes and needs manual reboot

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, get famous, seasons, pets, get to work, realm of magic, strangerville, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, bowling stuff, holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game or open the gallery in a few minutes it freezes
What happens when the bug occurs? The computer freezes, can't open task manager to end game, must hard reboot.
What do you expect to see? The game running and not freezing when I search the gallery or talk to a sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No attachment 

Message 1 of 4 (303 Views)

Re: Game freezes and needs manual reboot

Hero
@manda639 Moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

Is it any specific interaction (other than the gallery) ?

Could you try repairing the game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (254 Views)

★★ Novice

I recently redownload the sims 4 onto a new laptop (last week). It was working fine before July 8th update. First freeze was when I openned the gallery and tried the Spark'd tab, second freeze was trying to save a household from the gallery, third freeze I sent my sim to visit a sim and after preselecting 5 conversation interactions by the third it froze. I don't know if that helps.

Message 3 of 4 (234 Views)

Hero
@manda639 Have you tried a game repair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (224 Views)