by ZombieZumX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game freezes and crashes

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020-1.200.000.464.Release
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I start my game it freezes for a bit and then exception report shows up and sometimes my game crashes after some time.
What do you expect to see? Stop my game from crashing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The only thing that I have left in my game is the BetterExceptions mod by TwistedMexi (updated) so I could see what is causing it but it didn't help. So I would just like to know if anyone else experienced this as well. First I was removing my mods one by one and then all of them and try to repair my game in Origin but nothing helped.

Message 1 of 11 (1,038 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game freezes and crashes

★★★★★ Novice

Both, but it seems that I have solved the problem. Somehow it stopped by itself. I don't know what was the problem but thank you either way.

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (896 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@ZombieZumX To my knowledge BE wasn't updated to work with the current patch yet.

Could you try without it as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

From since Friday to today,Sunday my game have been crashing or going straight back to my desktop screen. I updated the mods that needed to be updated.

I have removed all of my mods, repaired the game, relaunched it, restarted my laptop and my game refuse to open and I worked really hard on it. It was fine before the patch update for that game pack and I hate to have to to uninstall the the game all together after all the money I have spent on it and NEVER play it again. I really don't know what to do and I'm at my wits end and I'm quite upset because I really wanted to play my game.

Message 3 of 11 (1,007 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@OllenPK 

According to your exception files you still have about 100 CC and Mods present.

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 11 (978 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did remove BE at the end, I left only MCCC, and without any other mods or CC, I still got the last exception right when I load my game.

Message 5 of 11 (945 Views)

Hero
@ZombieZumX If BE is still showing you exceptions, then it's not removed completely. Or are you now getting them through MCCC ?

Try to delete all lastexception files and BE logs you currently have as well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (939 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's not BE that is showing exceptions anymore, I have removed it completely. It's MCCC that is showing it and it's updated.

Message 7 of 11 (924 Views)

Hero
@ZombieZumX Does your game still crash or is it just the LE you're still getting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (922 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Both, but it seems that I have solved the problem. Somehow it stopped by itself. I don't know what was the problem but thank you either way.

Message 9 of 11 (897 Views)

Hero
@ZombieZumX Good to hear

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (894 Views)