Game freeze/load music all at once

by Alimariefox

Original Post

Game freeze/load music all at once

★★★ Newbie
I'm having an issues currently where my game will stop loading entirely on the loading screen and play through end of the music. Then after I let it sit for a while, it starts up and works like it normally should, however all of the loading music is playing over one another all at once and I can't get it stop unless I mute the music or my laptop. I've done full updates and a game repair, I've even tried recovering my save and doing a second repair. I really don't wanna do a factory reset because I have 330+ hours out into this one SIM so far.
Message 1 of 2 (137 Views)

Re: Game freeze/load music all at once

Champion (Retired)

@Alimariefox

You said that you don't want to, but I think you should try resetting your files to factory settings. You will not loose anything!

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
      • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 2 of 2 (135 Views)