Game file not there

by SueurQuotidienne

Original Post

Game file not there

★★ Novice

So I'm trying to put the shading mod and I have to go in the ''Game'' file. When I click on Electronic Arts it only shows ''cache'' ''cachestr'' ''Mods'' ''onlinethumbnailcache'' ''Recorded Videos'' ''saves'' ''Screenshots'' and ''Tray'' My game works, my mods work but I dont have the ts4.exe file and I dont know what to do. I tried Repairing the game but it doesn't change anything. Please help !! Disappointed

Message 1 of 9 (611 Views)

Game file not there

★★ Novice

So I'm trying to put the shading mod and I have to go in the ''Game'' file. When I click on Electronic Arts it only shows ''cache'' ''cachestr'' ''Mods'' ''onlinethumbnailcache'' ''Recorded Videos'' ''saves'' ''Screenshots'' and ''Tray'' My game works, my mods work but I dont have the ts4.exe file and I dont know what to do. I tried Repairing the game but it doesn't change anything. Please help !! Disappointed

Message 2 of 9 (614 Views)

Dot.: Game file not there

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SueurQuotidienne
You are looking for not where it is. The game files are located in the Program Files folder. In Documents are only files of the current game,

Please do not multiply the posts as here
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Help-No-Ts4-exe-file/td-p/7133646/jump-to/first-unread...
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Game-file-not-there/td-p/7133645/jump-to/first-unread-...

Your mod  put in the mods folder  - Dokuments/Elecrtonic Arts /The Sims4 /mods - folder

Do not touch anything in the Program File folder and special  TS4exe file!

Message 3 of 9 (605 Views)

Re: Game file not there

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @SueurQuotidienne

I merged one of your posts into this thread as it contained some extra info and removed the duplicate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi @SueurQuotidienne,

i hope you can help me, i restored my laptop and had to download the game again, now i can't seem to find my saved data, it says that it is saved on the ea server, please help.

sincerely,

madmary

Message 5 of 9 (551 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@aprilcawthon  Do you have cloud storage enabled in Origin? Origin, application settings, installs and saves. If you enable this that should sync your saves to any computer.

Message 6 of 9 (541 Views)

Hero

@roberta591

did they change cloud storage to Sims 4 on Origin ? Afaik, it's not enabled for the game and does nothing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (529 Views)

★★ Guide

The cloud storage does nothing for Sims 4. 

@SueurQuotidienne You are looking for the program files, not the document files. You are looking inside the Electronic Arts document folder, you need to be in (I'm assuming your game is installed on C drive, if it's on another drive, replace C with whatever drive it is) 

C -> Program Files (x86) -> Origin Games -> The Sims 4 ->Game -> Bin

The EXE for Sims is inside that path. Standard smile 

Happy Simming. Standard smile 

Message 8 of 9 (513 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict  I try not to use cloud storage for personal data as I have had a NAS box online before cloud storage. I know the cloud storage works for Steam but I never tried it for Origin.  Typically if I loose the gaming computer I just reinstall the operating system and install the games and start all over. Recently I've been getting ready for winter (well trying to get ready - things are breaking fasting then I can fix them) so computer repair will be done after winterization is complete (mother nation is not cooperating). There is an option to sync Sims 4 saves and I though it worked but that was about 8 months ago when the hard drive crashed in my gaming machine. The Sims games have a complex structure so you almost have to image the whole game to get a good restore. I'm not sure how the Origin and Steam cloud works but it may only sync certain data (just saves?) like Firefox syncs your bookmarks and when you log in to the Firefox account you created your bookmarks are synced to that account. I'll try to figure it out when I get some free time - probably when I'm servicing my computers.

Message 9 of 9 (507 Views)