Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Game failed to load. Error code 102:c4caa9ed:eeb17472

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Want to chime in here - in my experience, this is not a mod/cc issue. I removed all mods and cc, cleared cache, repaired, etc. and the problem remained for me.

Meanwhile, the Halloween holiday event had been scheduled for the following sim-day in the save file in question. The holiday had not actually started, but I had received the little pop up from the sim’s calendar that “Halloween is tomorrow”. So I recovered a save file from a few hours (my time) earlier, which took my game back a few sim-days. This save file loaded without errors. 

Interestingly enough, this recovered save file that loaded fine was saved during the Prank Day holiday (2 sim-hours into the holiday itself). Perhaps the issue occurs when you save during the time between the little calendar notification of “[holiday] is tomorrow” and the start of the holiday itself? 

Anyways, will try to get my game back to the point of the problem save, and will save again once it moves through the Halloween holiday. Then will try to load it and see how it goes. Will update then if I’ve found anything relevant. 

Message 21 of 26 (156 Views)

Hero
@ajduckie Is this the exact error code you're getting or a different 102 ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 26 (148 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I didn't copy down the full error code - it could have been a slightly different 102. 

Regardless, once I recovered a previous save and played through the holiday, I was able to save, exit game, and load back up without any problems. Going to hold onto the problem save though and do some more troubleshooting to see if any other factors may have contributed to the error besides the holiday.

edit: went back into bugged save file and copied the exact error code - searched for similar issues experienced by others and this thread was the most relevant result. exact error code was: 102:f299fdf3:a2640b05. no google results returned for this exact code, one result for 110:f299fdf3, read through the thread and seems issue was linked to a birthday event?

Message 23 of 26 (135 Views)

Hero
@ajduckie I don't know all of them so it's possible if that's the info you found.
Def. different error code than this one.

Did you have a birthday event ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 26 (122 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I just noticed that in my previous post I incorrectly transcribed the error code I experienced. The prefix should be 102, not 110. Rest of code is correct

For the save file that would not load, my Sims were in the period between receiving the calendar notification of "Halloween is tomorrow" and the Halloween event itself.

Out of curiosity, how are these error codes categorized, if you're aware? Like, a 102:c4caa9ed:xxxxx is different from a 102:f299fdf3:xxxxx in what way?

Message 25 of 26 (116 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@ajduckie I don't know exactly which error code means what but I'm guessing that 102 symbolizes the location where the error occurs (like live mode, 122 seems to be buy mode). There's many different ones but the number after seems to give the actual issue. What they are in detail, only QA knows.

Bascially what happens is that the game runs into a fatal error and can't load the game, so it goes back to a safe place (aka the map) and gives you an indication what happened with the error code.

This can happen due to outdated mods (c4caa9ed seems to be that) or a game error that brought the game in that state.

I'm really unsure what 102:f299fdf3 is but you're welcome to send me your save. If I can duplicate I can forward it to QA so they can find out what's going on.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 26 (110 Views)
sims-four-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help