Re: Game failed to load. Error code 102:c4caa9ed:eeb17472

by ajduckie

Original Post

Hero
@ajduckie Is this the exact error code you're getting or a different 102 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 95 (2,259 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I didn't copy down the full error code - it could have been a slightly different 102. 

Regardless, once I recovered a previous save and played through the holiday, I was able to save, exit game, and load back up without any problems. Going to hold onto the problem save though and do some more troubleshooting to see if any other factors may have contributed to the error besides the holiday.

edit: went back into bugged save file and copied the exact error code - searched for similar issues experienced by others and this thread was the most relevant result. exact error code was: 102:f299fdf3:a2640b05. no google results returned for this exact code, one result for 110:f299fdf3, read through the thread and seems issue was linked to a birthday event?

Message 52 of 95 (2,248 Views)

Hero
@ajduckie I don't know all of them so it's possible if that's the info you found.
Def. different error code than this one.

Did you have a birthday event ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 95 (2,235 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I just noticed that in my previous post I incorrectly transcribed the error code I experienced. The prefix should be 102, not 110. Rest of code is correct

For the save file that would not load, my Sims were in the period between receiving the calendar notification of "Halloween is tomorrow" and the Halloween event itself.

Out of curiosity, how are these error codes categorized, if you're aware? Like, a 102:c4caa9ed:xxxxx is different from a 102:f299fdf3:xxxxx in what way?

Message 54 of 95 (2,229 Views)

Hero
@ajduckie I don't know exactly which error code means what but I'm guessing that 102 symbolizes the location where the error occurs (like live mode, 122 seems to be buy mode). There's many different ones but the number after seems to give the actual issue. What they are in detail, only QA knows.

Bascially what happens is that the game runs into a fatal error and can't load the game, so it goes back to a safe place (aka the map) and gives you an indication what happened with the error code.

This can happen due to outdated mods (c4caa9ed seems to be that) or a game error that brought the game in that state.

I'm really unsure what 102:f299fdf3 is but you're welcome to send me your save. If I can duplicate I can forward it to QA so they can find out what's going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 55 of 95 (2,224 Views)

★★★ Novice

I encountered this error while traveling to Selvadorada on vacation, on a holiday. Tested without various mods to see which one was causing the issue, and for me it seemed to be Paulson's NPC control mod, version 1.2.2 (the latest of this mod currently available on MTS). Thought this might help others narrow it down. I only encountered it when this mod was in my mods folder, even during a holiday.

Hope this is helpful to someone!

Message 56 of 95 (2,040 Views)

Re: 102:c4caa9ed:eeb17472

★★★ Newbie

I've had this problem too, and I've have gone to the MCCC discord for help after I tried to edit an NPC in the dorm with MCCC and everything we tried hasn't worked. It did once and without any mods and starting a whole new game folder and repairing my game many times. 

Message 57 of 95 (1,002 Views)

Re: 102:c4caa9ed:eeb17472

Hero
@the_sinlynner Do you get this exact error message or something else after 102 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 95 (985 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if I don’t have mods?

Message 59 of 95 (1,666 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this issue but I do not have mods 

Message 60 of 95 (1,651 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help