Re: Game failed to load. Error code 102:c4caa9ed:eeb17472

by EropideMarabou

Original Post

error code 102:c4caa9ed:c9b000e9

★★★ Newbie

I was loading one of my households when this error code 102:c4caa9ed:c9b000e9 shows up. Tried exiting and reloading the game but it doesn't seem to work. What should I do in this case? Please help I don't wanna abandon this household 

Message 41 of 95 (2,763 Views)

Re: error code 102:c4caa9ed:c9b000e9

Hero (Retired)

@tracelol  First thing to check are your mods. Error 102 is usually mod related.

Message 42 of 95 (2,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey there, 

I had the same issue. The list I did to improve and fix the error:

1) check all mods and remove old stuff

2) load a new save game

3) load an old game save without cc

4) load a new game without cc

5) loaded step 4+5 with the checked cc

6) loaded older game with the current unchecked cc

Now im a bit done with all of that. The error occurred yesterday evening approximately 1 hour after purchasing and downloading the expansion "get together". I heard of that lin-z bug today, but I checked every lot, my Sims were traveling to. And there was no lin-z system in any lot or household and there is no sim in a realation with it. On the actual lot/household is everything fine. The error just occures when they want to travel. This happens with any Sim, wich wants to travel. Eve with a new created one.

I hope you guys may can help me  thanks in advance for your advices and tips!

And have a merry Christmas! 🎅

Message 43 of 95 (2,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So after checking every single mod data, i think i got the ones, wich caused the error. Here two links to them:

- ModTheSims: Animal Care Career (TS1 to TS4)

- ModTheSims: Therapist Career

I can´t confirm that right now, but at this point my gameplay is stable and the saves currently work. Let´s hope the best for that. Maybe i could help the thrad creator with my notes.Wondering

EDIT (crin): Removed mod links. Linking mods is not allowed at AHQ. Please only name them.

Message 44 of 95 (2,622 Views)

Sims 4 wont work - Error Code 102:c4caa9ed

★★ Novice

Hello guys,

I was playing and dunno how, but "Error Code 102...etc.." happened.
I can play with the other household and as it seems everything works,
but I can't play with my main household because error code etc shows up

I restarted, repaired it over origin...but still the same

can someone help me please? :/

Message 45 of 95 (1,545 Views)

Re: Sims 4 wont work - Error Code 102:c4caa9ed

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@mytrion55
It looks that you have exactly the same issue caused by holidays
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Game-failed-to-load-Error-code-102-c4caa9ed-eeb17472/m...
It could have been worse - such as the Windows system error. Fortunately for you, this particular error is easy to fix Standard smile

Message 46 of 95 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok for everybody, you need to end the holiday of the day without the mods and after that you can put back your mods and it will be good, it works for me

Message 47 of 95 (4,527 Views)

★★ Novice

how u suppose to figure out which cc are broken and * if u have over 1500 mods... lol 

Message 48 of 95 (4,208 Views)

Hero

Hi @Mommax8810 

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

It's a fairly fast method. Start with mods only and then work you way up.

Error 102 is most often an outdated version of MCCC. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 95 (4,187 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Want to chime in here - in my experience, this is not a mod/cc issue. I removed all mods and cc, cleared cache, repaired, etc. and the problem remained for me.

Meanwhile, the Halloween holiday event had been scheduled for the following sim-day in the save file in question. The holiday had not actually started, but I had received the little pop up from the sim’s calendar that “Halloween is tomorrow”. So I recovered a save file from a few hours (my time) earlier, which took my game back a few sim-days. This save file loaded without errors. 

Interestingly enough, this recovered save file that loaded fine was saved during the Prank Day holiday (2 sim-hours into the holiday itself). Perhaps the issue occurs when you save during the time between the little calendar notification of “[holiday] is tomorrow” and the start of the holiday itself? 

Anyways, will try to get my game back to the point of the problem save, and will save again once it moves through the Halloween holiday. Then will try to load it and see how it goes. Will update then if I’ve found anything relevant. 

Message 50 of 95 (2,824 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help