Re: Game cursor not loading. Using OS default cursor on Win10.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game cursor not loading. Using OS default cursor on Win10.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Eco Lisfestyle, Laundry Day, Bowling Night and Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just start the game to see.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game takes a while trying load the game's cursor image. For me about 5 min, after while as it can't, it quit and uses the normal cursor of OS., windows 10 in may case.
What do you expect to see? The game loads its beautiful cursor image instead uses the OS default cursor
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the update on 7/23 I started notice this.

I've recorded some vídeos about the cursor problem. This started happen after late update. 7/23

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SlxIewtZKojvPxzYfhJSyQsO9K6NTYVH/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PoqHxzBwSfVvwoLy1L0Tw7qeRZaO9ljI/view?usp=sharing

Message 1 of 3 (321 Views)

Accepted Solution

@ShadowNash  Do you have any overlays running while you play?  (Steam, Discord, etc.)  If you do, please try disabling them.  Disable Origin in-game as well: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (308 Views)

All Replies

@ShadowNash  Do you have any overlays running while you play?  (Steam, Discord, etc.)  If you do, please try disabling them.  Disable Origin in-game as well: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (309 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictThank you for your time. You've guessed right. In my case it was discord. I disabled the in-game overlay and it worked. But I hope they fix this, cause I always have been using it and this never happened before this late update. Well. I'll accept this as this is not a major error. But please EA stop introduce this kind of features.

Message 3 of 3 (293 Views)