Re: Mc Command Center Deleted everything - Help!

by HammelboeC

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game creates new EA folders with new save files - Help!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I tried to download the Mc Command center for my game, but I think I messed it up. I unzipped the folder, and put the files into a new folder under Mods. When I started my game, it didn’t work, so I thought I had put in the wrong Sims 4 folder - I have two, one is a copy, because I’ve earlier been experiencing some troubles with the game. So i moved the mc command files to the Sims 4 Copy folder, and started the game again, but once again it didn’t work. This time i noticed that I didn’t have the botton saying load game (idk what it’s called in english, but it’s where you can load different save files). I panickef, closed the game and deleted all mc command files, but now when i turn on the game everything is gone; my families, my house, my entire gallery is all gone, and i’m desperate for help!!! Right now I’m trying to repare the game, but I don’t think it works. Please help me if you can!

Note: My game has now created 2 new Electronic Arts folders, with a new The Sims 4 folder in each. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,140 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@HammelboeC

How many folders of the game you have now in Electronic Art folder?

I think the game created a brand new folder of the game.
Look for your old folder, copy and paste from your old game folder in this newly created game folder following folders: saves and Tray

About MCC - after downloading it, you should create a new folder, name it MCC put all in this new folder and unzip the pack there. Then copy and paste this whole  MCC folder in the mods folder.

Of course, you have to turn on mods in the game options - option "other"

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,130 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@HammelboeC

How many folders of the game you have now in Electronic Art folder?

I think the game created a brand new folder of the game.
Look for your old folder, copy and paste from your old game folder in this newly created game folder following folders: saves and Tray

About MCC - after downloading it, you should create a new folder, name it MCC put all in this new folder and unzip the pack there. Then copy and paste this whole  MCC folder in the mods folder.

Of course, you have to turn on mods in the game options - option "other"

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (1,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@kreatora
First of all, thank you so much for your quick reply!

I just found that new Electronic Arts foulder, that you mentioned. I will try copy saves and Tray, and put in the new one. Should i put the new folder, that the game created into my old Electronic Arts-folder? 

I don’t think I will challenge the faith with Mc Command right now, but thanks anyways for your help.

[CM EDIT - Merged posts]

Copying saves and Tray into the new Sims 4 folder didn’t work. Should i put the new Sims 4 folder into my old Electronic Arts folder?

Now my game has created another Electronic Arts folder, with a new Sims 4 folder, which means I have three Electronic Art folders. What should i do? Nothing has helped so far

Message 3 of 7 (1,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@HammelboeC

Old folder will not work. Check if you deleted in this new game folder, brand new folders saves and Tray.
You can't have there two of the same folders. These new ones will empty.

Edit: If this will work remove these two older Electronic Arts folders

Message 4 of 7 (1,076 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@kreatora
It finally worked! I copied saves and Tray into the newest folder (and replaced the ones that were already there), and everything is now back. Am i able to delete my old Sims 4 folders in the other Electronic Arts, or what should I do with them?
Message 5 of 7 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@HammelboeC

Delete it! - delete all old Electronic  Arts folders you have
I"m glad that it worked for you Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (1,064 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@kreatora

Alright, I’ll do that. Once again, thank you so much! 🙏 You truly saved my day 😄
Message 7 of 7 (1,057 Views)