Game crashing while loading any lot

by kyokihinote

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashing while loading any lot

★★★ Novice

Generally I try to solve this sort of thing by myself, but I've done everything I can think of or find and I'm at my wit's end. The crash is completely consistent, every single time I try to load into a lot, whether it's in an old save file or a brand new one.

Things I have tried:

• Turning off mods/cc in the settings menu
  • Removing all mods/cc entirely
  • Changing the Documents/The Sims 4 file name so the game regenerates the game files from scratch
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the game and all expansions
  • Running a clean boot on my PC
  • Repairing the game files with Origin
  • Updating my graphics card driver

Any insight would be appreciated.

Most recent critical event:

Source
The Sims™ 4

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎5/‎24/‎2020 11:58 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:	C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:	BEX64
Application Name:	TS4_x64.exe
Application Version:	1.62.67.1020
Application Timestamp:	5e798db8
Fault Module Name:	StackHash_4bc0
Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:	00000000
Exception Offset:	PCH_D7_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009AA44
Exception Code:	c0000005
Exception Data:	0000000000000008
OS Version:	10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:	1033
Additional Information 1:	4bc0
Additional Information 2:	4bc0081577b50035c3fe9c23871749b0
Additional Information 3:	55a8
Additional Information 4:	55a8b6d4744d18e47a5dce642c012e83

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:	188bc1e6185d6bedc6a11435086119b0 (1630606758091233712)
Message 1 of 5 (458 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashing while loading any lot

[ Edited ]

@kyokihinote  Just to be thorough, please clear Origin's cache, restart your computer, and repair again.  It probably won't help, but what you've described is a known issue that's usually fixed by a repair, and sometimes it's necessary to clear Origin's cache to make the repair work properly.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Please keep testing in a clean user data folder, just to keep things simple.

If this doesn't help, try playing while your computer is not connected to the internet.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable.  Let me know whether it helps.

By the way, is there a reason you're still running Windows 10 build 1803?  It's two years old now, and there's a new build coming out next week.  So now would be a good time to update—it's better to go incrementally rather than skipping several builds at once.  I'm not saying this is definitely the issue, but it could be contributing.

If you'd like to install the latest version of Windows, please open this site in Edge (yes, specifically Edge):

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

And click the button at the top to update.  This is a better approach than the Settings > Update & Security route, which often fails to install large updates.  And as always, be sure to back up critical data beforehand.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (406 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I had attached the LastCrash file but the website doesn't seem to like it so, here it is on pastebin.

Message 2 of 5 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kyokihinote  Just to be thorough, please clear Origin's cache, restart your computer, and repair again.  It probably won't help, but what you've described is a known issue that's usually fixed by a repair, and sometimes it's necessary to clear Origin's cache to make the repair work properly.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Please keep testing in a clean user data folder, just to keep things simple.

If this doesn't help, try playing while your computer is not connected to the internet.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable.  Let me know whether it helps.

By the way, is there a reason you're still running Windows 10 build 1803?  It's two years old now, and there's a new build coming out next week.  So now would be a good time to update—it's better to go incrementally rather than skipping several builds at once.  I'm not saying this is definitely the issue, but it could be contributing.

If you'd like to install the latest version of Windows, please open this site in Edge (yes, specifically Edge):

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

And click the button at the top to update.  This is a better approach than the Settings > Update & Security route, which often fails to install large updates.  And as always, be sure to back up critical data beforehand.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (407 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I tried clearing Origin cache and running the repair again, no dice. Tried playing it while my computer was disconnected from the internet, and it crashed again.

So, the reason I'm on such an old build is because I got spooked off of automatic updates by my roommate's computer getting completely bricked by a Windows update, and then just forgetting to make sure the updates are fine and running them manually. So, I'll give that a shot and report back! Thanks so much for your help.

Message 4 of 5 (359 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry for the wait, updating my windows was a pain and a half but that seems to have done the trick! Thanks so much for your help.

Message 5 of 5 (290 Views)