Re: Game crashing upon travel & entering build mode...

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashing upon travel & entering build mode...

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Since the very first install of the Sims 4, the game crashes whenever I travel. I thought I had figured it out when I removed all but one save of the game prior to loading my family, but then I purchased and installed the Spa package, and now it crashed as soon as I click on the build mode. When I first opened the game after the install of the Spa package and tried to plant the new Spa building, the game crashed after a few minutes as well.

I had no mods, no custom content, don't use any cheats, and only have one family (with two homes) that I play. My computer is a big one that was built to handle several intense programs that I run at the same time without any issue, but I close them when I want to play the game. All updates are done regularly, and I keep the cache cleaned out too.

As I have done quite a bit of searching, I am seeing that I am not alone with this issue ... but it is getting increasingly annoying that EA doesn't seem to care about the fact that we can't use a good portion of the game due to crashes that are going unfixed. I haven't found any suggestions that have worked, maybe someone has an idea that might fix this one my PC?

EDITED to add DxDiag file (in case it helps).

Message 1 of 6 (502 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

You need to upgrade your operating system, not the game.

I don't have a link handy but just google how to upgrade Windows from 32 bit to 64 bit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (505 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Tigger3336

your using a 32 bit operating system which is known to cause issues with traveling as it's probably out of RAM. You should be able to upgrade through Microsoft for free. Just check their pages.

Also your graphics card isn't really a gaming card and the drivers are pretty old. Try updating those as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (483 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks so much, Crin.

I had read that the 32 bit os was a bit of an issue, and I have looked but there is no option to download the game version for 64 bit when I go to the advanced settings in Origin. I do realize the computer isn't a gaming one, I wish it was, but every time I look there are no updates available for the graphics card. I will dig a little more, and see if I can find some drivers ... or just give in and upgrade the video card. :D

Message 3 of 6 (467 Views)

Hero

You need to upgrade your operating system, not the game.

I don't have a link handy but just google how to upgrade Windows from 32 bit to 64 bit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (506 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict ... I have to thank you from my heart. Not only did I manage to fully upgrade my PC back to x64 OS, but now my drivers are downloading properly. Everything has been reinstalled, and my game is now working smoothly. The computer is back to being lightening fast, there is no lag for any program I run ... but my game seems to be totally fixed too! My Sims can travel without crashing, and my build mode is working again too.

Message 5 of 6 (428 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear that.

Enjoy your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (415 Views)