Re: Game crashing on startup since July update

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Game crashing on startup since July update

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So since the July update my sims 4 has been crashing.. I dont use any mods only CCs and have every expansion and stuff pack there is.. I have no idea what to do. I tried going through my CC to figure out if they caused the problem but they didn’t. It just won’t turn on and I don’t want to restart from scratch. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (469 Views)

Re: Game chrashing on startup since July update

★★ Novice

Also, it lets me get to the white screen with the green EA logo, and after that it’s back to my home screen like I never pushed play.

Message 2 of 6 (465 Views)

Re: Game chrashing on startup since July update

Champion (Retired)

Please remove all Mods and CC then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 6 (446 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same problem. My game never crashed before the July update. Now it crashes almost every time I play, from build mode. No freezing or warning first, it simply closes and I'm back to the Origin window. No CC or mods. All EP's except Island Living, less than half of the GP's and SP's. 

Message 4 of 6 (394 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LadyGray01 

This can happen when there is too much data in the folder. To test this make a copy of The Sims folder and save it to somewhere safe. Start the game and go through the motions of starting a new game. Throw in a random Sim and play for a bit to be sure the game does not crash. 

If all is well you are ready for the next step. You can move/delete the save created to test.

**Important** Copy your played saves folder and paste it back into the newly created The Sims folder.

Do not move your old saves but do put a copy back in and start the game. 

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 5 of 6 (358 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I actually just started completely fresh less than two weeks ago. But I’ll try what you suggested. 

Message 6 of 6 (352 Views)