Re: Game crashing, freezes entire computer - no mods

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Game crashing, freezes entire computer - no mods

★★★ Newbie

I don't have any mods or CC installed, only the base game, 2 stuff packs and a game pack. I literally just downloaded the game, it crashes almost every 5 minutes and freezes my entire computer so I have to manually shut it down and restart it to use it at all. Attaching the DXDiag. TIA!

Message 1 of 4 (406 Views)

@silverchain2176  The errors in your dxdiag wouldn't explain a hard freeze like you've described, and neither would your more than sufficient hardware.  Please try creating a crash dump instead.  Here's how:

• Hit the Windows key, type "command prompt" in the box, right-click on Command Prompt in the search results, and select Run as Administrator
  • In the window, paste "reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD" without the outside quotes into the box, and enter
  • Launch Sims 4 and play until it crashes
  • After it crashes, wait for any crash dialogs to finish
  • Then hit Windows key-R and paste "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" without quotes into the box, and enter
  • Upload the last .dmp file to the free filehosting site of your choice, and link it here
  • When you want to undo the auto crash log dumps, open Command Prompt as before, paste "reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f" without the outside quotes, and enter.
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I never get crash dialogue, it freezes my computer 100% of the time. Will I still be able to do this after I restart the computer?

Message 3 of 4 (369 Views)

@silverchain2176  That depends on the nature of the freeze/crash.  It's worth trying though, because there's not much information to go on at this point, and I don't want to start spamming you with random guesses.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (362 Views)