Re: Game crashing all of a sudden...

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Game crashing all of a sudden...

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

My Sims 4 game crashes to the desktop when I try to open my saved game file. I've only tried the one file and really would hate to lose that save file. Could someone take a look at the crash report and other diagnostic information for me? I've tried some troubleshooting, but haven't had any luck.

Thanks - Lacey

It won't let me attach the crash report...

Message 1 of 2 (285 Views)

Re: Game crashing all of a sudden...

@Laceyrm06  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, try loading your save in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then launch the game to create a clean folder.  You can quit at the Main Menu.  Go into the saves folder inside the Sims 4 folder you moved, right-click on the file for your current save, and select Copy.  (You can tell which one is most current if you sort by date modified.)  Then open Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves, right-click in the empty space, and Paste.

Now launch the game and try to load your save.  Don't worry about any missing objects warning—this is just for testing, to see whether you can load the save at all.  If it works, you can start transferring your mods and custom content to the new folder, but be sure to test and confirm that the save still loads.

If the save won't load in the clean folder, try loading a backup instead.  You can use these instructions for manually restoring backups, then copy over one at a time to the clean folder.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (269 Views)