Re: Game crashing after update

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Game crashing after update

★★★ Novice

My game keeps crashing after the update. I tried removing all mods. I tried moving the folder to the desktop. I tried removing my most recent save. I tried playing offline. It quits no matter what. I had issues with my game crashing after the last update too, and I had to abandon a legacy challenge I was doing. I am frustrated by how often this is happening now. I like to play legacies and it keeps ruining my saves. Attached is the DxDiag.

Any tips are appreciated!

Message 1 of 4 (359 Views)

@98abc853356  Something on your computer is using almost all of your very large page file even as you ran the dxdiag, so that's the first place I'd look.  Please restart your computer, then open the Task Manager's Startup tab and post a screenshot of what you see.  Go to Processes and do the same, although I don't need the entire list, just the overview of resource use and the Apps section.  You can leave out background processes.

You're also getting low on free storage.  It's not critical yet, just something to keep an eye on.  The Downloads folder is a good place to look for extraneous files.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (347 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for helping. Attached are the screenshots.

Message 3 of 4 (271 Views)

@98abc853356  There are a few reasons this might be happening, one of which is a virus on your computer.  I'm not saying this is the case, just that this would be good time to run a virus scanner.  Download Malwarebytes from here:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download

Open it, click Scan > Custom Scan > Configure Scan, check all the boxes both for scans and for your C drive (and any other if you happen to have an external plugged in), and let it do its job.  This will probably take at least an hour, and perhaps a lot longer, so you may want to set it to run while you're doing something else.  Please save the report and attach it to a post.

When Malwarebytes is done, restart your computer, then run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the box to check for updates.  If any install, restart again afterwards and before trying to play.

If you get another crash, please try playing in a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

When you reboot, go through the Task Manager's background processes list shutting down anything that doesn't absolutely need to be running.  If you accidentally kill the wrong process and it doesn't restart on its own, reboot your computer again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (243 Views)