Re: Game crashing after 4/16 update - troubleshooting inside

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I don't have Nahimic installed. I went ahead and spent a long time uninstalling/reinstalling all of my Nvidia drivers. Took me awhile because the most recent Game Ready Driver was having some issues with the latest update for Windows but got the drivers through a fresh install of GeForce Experience. So far, it seems that The Sims 4 is fixed! I haven't run into a crash yet. I'll play it a little bit more and see what happens, if it crashes again I'll be sure to come back!

Message 11 of 14 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well, I thought I had it all solved. It seemed like it wasn't crashing anymore, after reinstalling my Nvidia drivers I was able to play for a few hours between Saturday and today. But, it just crashed after only playing for less than an hour, causing me to lose all my progress in Create-a-Sim. Not sure what else I can do at this point. This graphics card is only a couple months old, so I'm not sure what the issue seems to be. It (the game) is now right back to crashing every few minutes upon launching.

Message 12 of 14 (389 Views)

Champion (Retired)

When you got a new Graphics card did you then also get a new PSU? Newer Graphics cards also need more power 700W or more is what you should have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 14 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I checked online and everywhere says this GPU should only require 450-600 tops. I have a 650W PSU. Is there a way I can test if it is my PSU? Other games don't seem to be having an issue.

EDIT: Well. I didn't think it was that because other graphically intensive games didn't seem to have an issue, but to test it myself I ran the most graphically intensive game I own (The Witcher 3) on all Ultra settings and what do you know, same thing happened. This PSU is a number of years old now, probably just dying with time. So, I guess I have to buy a new PSU! Thank you for all of your help!

Message 14 of 14 (342 Views)