Game crashes

by Orion754

Original Post

Re: Game crashes

★★★★ Apprentice

I started a new game witha new save and after removing LSbugfixes. No more crash after 2 sim's weeks.

Message 11 of 16 (291 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ok i spoke too fast. LSbugfixes has nothing to do with crashes. I'll have to test without mods.

Message 12 of 16 (258 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ok. Started a new save without mod (moved the folder on the desktop). After 3 (sim) weeks game, no crash. Now i have to find the culprit. Any advice ?

Message 13 of 16 (242 Views)

@Orion754  Try the 50/50 method for sorting through your mods:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

If you have a save you know crashes frequently with your mods present, it may be easier to test with that particular save rather than waiting for a problem to show up.  But if you do use an existing save, please make sure it doesn't crash when you've removed all your mods, so it's actually a useful test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 16 (222 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you.
Message 15 of 16 (208 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict So to be safe I tested with a save i often play with (inhabited world with plenty new lots and households), no mod installed. And no crash. I also noticed that profile is not showing up both with and without mod. I suppose there's already a topic about this issue.

Now i'll have to find the culprit in the mod folder. I'll try the 50/50 method.

Thanks again.
Message 16 of 16 (194 Views)